Monday, October 10, 2011

Walked and walked and walked . . .

Baylee and I like to go on walks. Sometimes James comes, but not usually because we like to go 3-5 miles and let's face it, that is not my husband's idea of fun. Here are some of the things I like to look at on out 3.2 mile walk. I skipped over the first mile because it's not pretty. Things get better once you reach University Ave.
I love this house. I want it. It and the curved glass that is in the windows on the right corner. So cool.
I was actually walking while taking this picture because I didn't want the people in the house to see me taking a picture of their freak painted tree. Who does this?!
I can't actually decide if this is a cool sculpture or plagiarism from The Creation of Adam.
I took this days before they announced it would become a temple. I am SO happy they are going to save the building!
The Provo Court House is beautiful. Sadly some of the carvings up near the roof are severely damaged and fading away.
Baylee likes the garden at the court house. There are probably some awesome smells in there.
I've pretty much decided that I couldn't live in a true city unless I had a seriously sweet building to remake into a house. This would do.
On Center Street there are more pretty houses that I'd be okay with owning.
I covet the porch on this one, it wraps around the side.

I thought I took some of the weird Chinese place that I think is a drug front and the cemetery, but apparently not. Maybe later.

2 comments:

  1. That first house was always one of my favorites in Provo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While at Sam Weller's, I got a couple of old Utah Historical Quarterly magazines that feature Utah architecture. Provo has some terrific examples. I am SO envious of your walking territory! Not that my route that passes houses built between 1980 & 1986 is boring . . .

    ReplyDelete