Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to James!

James is 24!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I think I'm far more excited by birthdays than James is, I really wanted his day to be perfect and he was kinda like, "eh, its a day." But I was not going to let him ruin my fun. I made him Ableskeivers for breakfast, drove him to school, took him to J-dawgs for lunch and we got to have dinner with Sharon and Ru at the Melting Pot. Pretty much Awesome. Here's the break down of his booty:
This is a drawing pad. I had been saving since April for thins thing and then they raised the price, so I did what any mature wife would do. I called my mama who promptly agreed to go in with me so we could still get it. I kept this under wraps until a week and a half before his birthday when I had the page up on my computer and James saw it. I know what you're thinking, "you just played it off, right?" WRONG. I panicked and told him most everything. I was so disappointed in myself. Still am, but he seems to like it very much.
This is James with the book Nicole and fam gave him. Something he heard about at PAX? He was really excited when he opened it.
James was around the corner when he opened these, there was a scream of glee and he flew into the kitchen and almost broke my fruit bowl. My first thought was, "Somehow I will get you back for this, Julia." I kid you not we've already had to discuss areas that the nun-chucks are not allowed to be played with.
This was Ru and Sharon's gift and its so beautiful. Ru was disappointed its a Martin, he wanted to get a Taylor so it could be James' Taylor . . . (drum roll here). James already has sore fingers =)

The rest of James' loot, Alias, How to Make Web Comics, soy paper so we can do sushi at home, and cards from Grandma Donna and Casey. A pretty great birthday if you ask me!

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I'm sorry about the nun chucks, I bought them at the same time that I bought a pair for McKay's birthday, and I also quickly learned that they are not things men should ever possess. Especially white men who like to think that they're ninjas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but did Casey give him $0.26 like he does us? That is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey's not very good with money. He saves up & then sends every penny to the birthday person. That's why it's different every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the extra $0.74 comes from the fact that I swim with him and he causes extreme bodily harm to my person. He's donating to the cosmetic surgery that I'm going to need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, your logic is flawed. Julia is 3 days before James. I am two days before Ella. If you statement was true James and Ella would get less. I think you need to rethink your logic....j/k we love it anyway it comes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my logic. It's Casey's logic. That's how he explained it to me. (Maybe I didn't understand.)

    ReplyDelete